Saturday, November 27, 2010

Randy Pausch Last Lecture: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams



This guy is pure inspiration. You may think it's a bit trying to sit and watch this entire lecture on-line, but you'd be surprised. Randy Pausch is an amazing speaker, and with two months left to live he has such a positive outlook on life. This is what a fulfilled life is all about- if you set out to achieve your childhood dreams, you basically will. As Walt Disney said, "If you can dream it, you can do it", and what Randy shows is that if you do it, you're fully capable of being happy with your life even if it's cut dramatically short. I'm reading the accompanying book at the moment too, and strongly recommend it.

Seriously, I know it's an old message but live your life to the full. Don't have regrets. And it will be AMAZING

Sooo, my list? From what I remember, here we go;
  • Be a published writer (hmm Tearaway doesn't count. Imma write a book!)
  • Be a recognised artist (this may be hard...)
  • Save peoples lives (yup, very vague. I'll be a surgeon...)
  • Become a rock-star (may have to redefine this one!)
  • Completely design my own outfit (hahaha yup, I was a weird little boy)
I'm sure there would have been more sooo work in progress yah!

No comments:

Post a Comment