Thursday, November 25, 2010

Childrens Drawings... Revisited

I've always loved the artwork of children because of its fascinating lack of boundaries- what kids draw is completely limitless. But sometimes it's really hard to actually picture what they're showing because it totally defies any laws of reality. Korean artist Yeondoo Jung is truly unique, setting out to turn the drawings of 5-7 year old children into reality in his photographic series "Wonderland". The results are amazing...

"Afternoon Nap"




"Fox's Magic Trick"


"He Didn't Sleep For Three Days"

"Rabbit Family Hopping Around"

"Three Brothers Riding The Rainbow Waves"

You can find more here on Yeondoo Jung's website. It's worth having a cruise around his other stuff too!

Keep cool people :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh damn, sorry! :( It's working for me now so potentially try again and let me know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's working now. I'd have to say that "he didn't sleep for three days" is my favourite. How did you find his photos?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not actually sure to be honest! I would've either come across him from just surfing the net or a magazine (I read quite a bit!)

    ReplyDelete